Library

Director

  • Shevtsova Liudmyla Volodymyrivna

Deputy Director of Library

  • Bilash Nataliya Anatoliyivna

The library of  Lviv Trade and Economics University was founded in 1939 as the library of Lviv Trade and Economic Institute (today Lviv Trade and Economics University). During half a century in the funds of library has been gathered and stored German, French, Polish, Russian literature in philosophy and theology, law, economy, trade, commerce etc.; here one can find the scientific works of Foreign Trade Academy scientists; here there is also literature from Kyiv-Mohylianska Academy and other European and Russian educational institutions and from Vasylian’s School in Lviv.

Nowadays the structure of the library includes the following departments: Funds Forming,  Catalogs Organizing, Informational-Bibliographical, Subscription, 5 reading halls in 2 educational buildings and 2 student hostels.

The library fund is diversified, the total number is more than 400 thousand samples in Ukrainian, Russian, English, French and other languages; it is completed with the  literature in social and political, economic, trade, commodity, marketing, accounting, audit, banking, finance, management, international economic relations, history of cooperation in Ukraine, and many others. There have been stored nearly 2 thousand samples of  the 18th - early 20th century valuable editions.

Today the library is able to provide specific services, prepare effectively its users to work with information according to their requests on the basis of a wide access to the librarian and informational resources.